VAST takes the security and privacy of their contacts about which they hold information extremely seriously and in compliance with the applicable regulations.
Which data are collected by VAST ?
VAST website may collect from you either “Personally Identifiable Information” and/or “Non-Personally Identifiable Information”.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that is statistical in nature only and that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual or entity, and which depends upon the visiting you do on the VAST company website.
Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are: these kind of information are also known as “Personal Data”. Personal information is requested when you order a service, register for an account and send us feedback.
2. Use and disclosure of Personal Data and Purpose Specification
By using the Website, VAST will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy. Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:
• Website Browsers / Administration.
• Satisfaction survey.
• Customer service.
• Legal compliance.
• To protect us and others.
3. Does VAST share the information it receives?
Information about our clients is an important part of our business nevertheless VAST is not in the business of selling personal data to others. We share personally identifiable information only as set forth below:
• By transfer to VAST where it is necessary to meet the purpose for which you have submitted the information. By submitting data on VAST company website, you are providing explicit consent to trans-border transmission of data collected on that website.
• By transfer to third party agents and subcontractors which perform certain functions on behalf of VAST, such as picking up and delivering samples, fulfilling inspection orders, sending email, removing repetitive information from client lists, analyzing data and processing credit card payments.
• For any reason if, in VAST's sole discretion, VAST believes it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy any laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Accessor other terms and conditions; or to otherwise protect the VAST Group of companies.
4. How does VAST protect your information?
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us in order to prevent unauthorized access.
VAST implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where processing involves transmission of personal information over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
To do so, VAST develops specific tools in accordance to “Privacy by design” procedure. “Privacy by design” could be defined as the integrated protection of private life from the conception. The purpose of this principle is to ensure the protection of privacy by integrating it into the standards of design of technologies, internal practices and physical infrastructures.
VAST will inform users of the breach if this violation is likely to create a high risks for the rights and freedoms of a person, such as discrimination, identity theft or financial loss.
5. Your rights
You are entitled to exercise your rights any time and under conditions described below by contacting email@example.com.
• Access and modification to your personal data
You have the right to access and rectify your processed personal data as well as the right to object on legitimate grounds.
• Erasure of your personal data
If you wish to delete your information at any time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. An e-mail will be sent to you to confirm that your information has been deleted.
• Right to portability
Regarding the information held about you by VAST, you may request us to provide you with a list and a description of data collected by VAST under specific conditions.
A cookie is a small file that is stored locally on your computer when you visit a website. The cookies we are using are so called “analytical” cookies, i.e. Information stored by cookies, for a limited time, is anonymous and can refer to pages visited and time spent on each, your navigation equipment (operating system, internet browser, screen resolution and so forth), search queries, IP address in order to gather approximate geographic information. They do not include any personal information and cannot identify you on third-party websites – including those of analytics providers.
You can accept or decline cookies – including those used for website tracking – by selecting the appropriate settings of your browser. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie, or to decline cookies altogether. However, if you choose to decline cookies you may not be able to use all features of our website (e.g. for orders).
Your browser also offers you the option to delete cookies (e.g. via the Clear Browsing History function). For further information, please refer to the user help function under Settings in your web browser.
VAST continually strives to improve its service to its customers and to its potential customers.